Cyfieithu arfaeth. Diolch i chi am eich amynedd.
(Translation pending. Thank you for your patience.)
We specialise in supporting people aged 50+ whilst offering a variety of ways of helping adults of all ages.
Many of our services involve visiting you in your own home, for which we give the assurance of total privacy and confidentiality.
We also work in partnership with other voluntary and statutory agencies to provide a holistic service that can improve people’s quality of life, health, and well-being.
Our services include:
- Coldbuster: We help to alleviate the health problems older people may suffer as a result of living in cold homes. This includes energy assessment, fuel swaps, benefits checks, fire and falls prevention. It will subsequently reduce the number of deaths attributed to cold related living conditions.
- Community Navigator: Provides a platform to work with people who are living in isolation or feel lonely by encouraging the individual to feel more confident and signposting them to community groups, activities, and support services.
- Happy Feet: This toe nail cutting service is provided by specially trained practitioners who can visit you in your own home or you can come to us if you prefer. A charge applies.
- ‘Hubbub’ Forums: The forums give an opportunity for older people to comment on the quality and range of services such as social services, housing, health and transport. If you are unable to attend these forums, you can take part in discussions by contacting us or post comments on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Information and Advice: We have a great deal of information and advice on a wide range of topics and local services.
- Practical Help: We have an approved list of vetted & trusted tradespeople providing a variety of services that we can recommend.
- ABBA Supporting People: delivering support to people with early onset of dementia and other similar mental health needs in Denbighshire.
- Home Life: a service to support people to live in their own home for as long as possible, such as light cleaning, companionship, gardening and cooking/preparing meals. This is a social enterprise so there will be a fee applied which will be discussed with each person.
Age Connects North Wales Central places an emphasis on lobbying, campaigning and public awareness, which it undertakes in a variety of ways. We are happy to provide staff for talks and presentations about our work to public and private bodies, groups and associations.
How can I make a referral to these services?
Simply contact us in the normal way or complete and submit the enquiries form on our Contact Us
What is the charge for services?
With the exception of Happy Feet and Home Life, our services are free at the point of delivery. We also rely on donations, fundraising and legacies to supplement our work.
There are also many other organisations and sources of information which may be of help to you which we have listed on our Useful Contacts page.