The council can arrange an assisted collection for residents who have difficulty in moving their containers and bins to the kerbside on collection day.

The collection crews will get your recycling and waste containers from a place on your property which has been agreed with you and put them back there once emptied. The crews will not go inside your home, and they will not sort your recycling items for you.

You can apply for assisted collections if you are physically unable to move your bins, and you:

  • have nobody (a relative, friend, neighbour, or carer) who can help take your bins to the kerbside on collection day.
  • have a suitable spot on your property for your containers that recycling crews can reasonably be expected to reach.
  • agree to separate your items correctly for recycling.

You can submit an online application form, or you can download it, and send your completed form to ERF by email or post (details are on the form). Once the application has been received, an officer may contact you to discuss details.

temporary assisted collection can be requested for example if you’ve been injured or had surgery and you can’t move your containers at the moment, but you expect to make a full recovery. A temporary assisted collection can be for a set period of 3, 6 or 12 months.

permanent assisted collection is when you need help moving your containers and your circumstances are unlikely to change.

Please note that the council may write to you every two years to ask you to confirm if you still need the service. If you don’t reply, your containers may be missed on your collection day.

Application forms are available at the Older People’s Forums, or you can call the Conwy Council Customer Advice Team on 01492 575337.